Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thought Vomit Thursday

I suppose if I am going to start a trend I better stick to it myself. It appears Thought Vomit Thursday is catching on a bit. YAY for random bullet point posts. The rules of TVT are simple....there are no rules. It is like fight club up in this joint. You can write whatever the hell you want. It doesn't have to make sense. It is my way of being lazy at the end of the week and just blabbering.

  • Our garage sale went pretty well. We made a whole $67 buckaroos.....okay that isn't really all that successful considering we sat out all day Saturday and Sunday. But the good news is, shit is getting out of our house. And that includes, but is not limited to, Andy's grandmother's couch. It's technically still sitting on our driveway with a "free" sign on it, but the donation dudes are picking it up if it is still there next week.
  • Andy's Grandma's Couch - this deserves its own bullet point - so we received this gem of a loveseat when we got married. Andy's g-ma passed away the winter before and apparently when he was 5 he said that he liked that couch. Well the family held him to his 5-year-old word and we got a rock-hard loveseat with fabric made out of fishing line. It was nice to have a piece of furniture to put in our first living room...our TV sat on a coffee table and that was about it. Yay for first apartments right? I tried everything to make the couch more comfortable. I sewed a thick comforter to the top of the couch to add padding, then covered it with the slip cover...no dice. We resigned to sitting on the floor and leaning up against the couch. When we made the move from CA to NY I thought it would be an awesome time to get rid of the couch. I was ready to donate it, but Andy told his dad and his dad said he would take it back. Awesome. So we dropped it off in Colorado on our way through. I thought it was out of our hair. Little did I know that his dad was merely "saving" the couch for us, for when we moved back. Despite Andy telling his dad that he would probably just put it  out in his garage, the couch appeared shortly after we moved in. Damn! So sat in the garage it has and the years have not been good to it. The fabric is fucking resilient. No tears or nothing. But it has gotten dirty. And apparently even when you put a couch out for free, people are picky about them. Anyway, it is going buybuy after 8 years of being our inside joke, this couch must find a new home. Farewell.
  • We're refinancing the house right now, so Tuesday an appraiser came by. I can't tell you how nervous I am to hear the results. Basically it only needs to appraise for at least what the county has decided it is worth for everything to go through on our refinancing. But it is a weird spot right? I want it to be at least worth that, but I don't want it to be worth too much more than that, otherwise our property taxes will go up. Slippery slope yo.
  • Our neighbors are "separating" - translation getting divorced, but don't have the money to meet with a lawyer. It is kind of a sticky situation for Andy and me....well mostly me. Andy doesn't like the wife so he is pretty much on the side he has chosen. I, on the other hand, am having a hard time choosing sides. I feel for the dude, he is basically being dumped, but then again her and I are kind of buds...well sort of. I think we mostly hang out to watch TV together so that Andy and her Dude can hang out ....*sigh* I am trying to find a way to stay out of it. But it seems having neighbors we can hang out with is quickly disappearing.
  • I have absolutely no plans for this weekend....well other than to get a pedicure. This is the first time in a really long time that I haven't "scheduled" something everyday. What am I going to do with myself?....hmm maybe head back up to the mountains one day at least....maybe finish the patio we've been procrastinating on all summer.....maybe clean.....yeah I am thinking mountains, forget that other stuff.
  • Oh Hippies everywhere should be rejoicing with this next nugget of news: turns out that the Fas.Tra.cks that they are building here in the City are going to come right up to our house.....like the stop will be within 10 minutes walking distance from my front door. Score. No  more parking my car at the park-n-ride and no more transferring from bus to train....well I should clarify, the plan is for the line up to our house to be done by 2018. Considering they are supposed to open the line to DI.A by 2012 and we are getting dangerously close to that deadline, I am not holding my breath that it will be opening on schedule....plus I realize a lot could change between now and then. But I am excited all the same and my inner hippie is doing a happy dance.
This will probably make you sick to watch and Andy rotates the camera halfway through, but I thought it was too hilarious not to share. He loves to jump.

1 comment:

  1. Happy baby. :)

    Shitty about the neighbors - it's so hard to find couples to hang out with!

    ReplyDelete