- Don't put on a long sleeve t-shirt and then try to apply deodorant in your armpits. You will have to change your shirt.
- I keep smelling bacon. When I got off the bus downtown this morning I smelled it and just figured it was a restaurant nearby, but then I smelled it again when I got off the train in the office park. When I smelled it the second time I started to worry. What if I am having a stroke? Don't they say you smell buring toast or something? What if I smell bacon?
- I found a Yoga Mama video on Netflix on-demand, so I tried it last night. There is nothing like watching a bunch of more pregnant women who are shockingly more flexible than I am, even with their giant bellies.....I am going to have to work hard to be more flexible. This seems so strange to me, that I have to work harder to increase my relaxation so I can flex more.
- Does anyone know if it is bad to get waxed, ahem down there, while you're pregnant? It doesn't seem like it would be an issue, but I could be wrong about that.
- My boobs have been living primarily in supportive restraints for the past 9 weeks, so I hadn't really noticed some of the changes. Obviously the size increase I noticed, but I hadn't really taken a good look at my nipples in a while. Well last night I caught a glimpse of them in the mirror and Oh my! See I have always had kind of small nipples (hey you had fair warning to get out while you still could). I didn't think anything of it. I just figured that I would have a baby with a petite mouth or something. Well apparently they are going to be accommodating. I think those suckers have doubled if not tripled in size. What's worse is my areolas have done the same thing. They are ridiculously huge, like almost tea cup saucer size. Okay not that big, but that is how big they look to me. Someone please tell me they don't stay this gihugegic forever? Please just lie to me.
- Last weekend I finished my training at the Molly Brown House museum to be a tour guide. For those of you with cursory knowledge of Molly Brown (i.e. "The Unsinkable Molly Brown", "Titanic"), it is ridiculous how much substance there was to this woman that movies and plays obviously don't show you. What Hollywood distroying the facts? NEVER!. First off, her name was never Molly, that was just what the playwrite dubbed her because it was easier to sing. Her name was Margaret, or when she was younger Maggie. Anyway she was pretty much just full on kick ass. She was a suffragist and a proponent of labor laws, she was involved in pretty much everything imaginable from creating soup kitchens for miners on strike, to raising money to expand Denver hospitals. This woman wasn't just unsinkable, she was unstoppable. Anyway I am a big nerd for her now and I can't wait to finsih the book I am reading about her and start writing my tour. The biggest decision I have to make is whether I want to dress in costume. I kind of do just because I want to wear a ridiculously huge and fancy Victorian hat. Can I wear just the hat and then wear jeans and a t-shirt?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Bag of Randomness
No real cohesiveness today, so here we go with strange random (warning adult content, i.e. boys run! And probably Gucci Mama too):