Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Big Forehead Remedy

I have a gigantic forehead....don't lie, you noticed. I always tell people it is my brain trying to escape the years of torture I have inflicted upon it with all the school and such. Eventually I believe it will bust right through my forehead and head off to pursue a life of basket weaving and raking sand in a rock garden.....although that would be hard for a brain to do. Well I made a decision about a year ago....and then spent about six months talking myself into it....and then a couple more months before I finally made a hair appointment. The decision? To get bangs. And I really like them actually.

I started out with training bangs, so to speak, which were just thinner longer bangs. I needed to figure out how they worked again, I haven't had bangs since middle school when you would curl a portion down and then a portion up and hairspray it. Do you remember that style? Hot. So since that was the only technique I was familiar with this whole round brush/blow dry/ flat iron technique needed some practice. Then I went in a couple weeks ago and committed to thicker bangs. Above is the result. They are still long enough that I can pin them up, but I actually haven't been doing that....unless I am working in the yard...or being lazy.

This was the actual reason I was playing with the camera. I finished my skirt! Big Butter got me this fabric for Christmas and I wanted to make it into a high waisted skirt. Which I did, then I changed my mind about the top to pair with it. I made one out of organza, but it was too baloony. No worries though because I modified it and paired it with a pair of pants and a vest that I made shortly after (need to take pictures of that outfit too). Waste not want not. After looking at the pictures I think I look a little chunky monkey, but it made me feel amazing! That is all that is important to me. I have a handful of scraps left over of the fabric as well, so I will stash that away for a potential little girl's dress.


3 comments:

  1. I did the same thing when I got bangs! I only had her cut a little and they didn't look good at all. I think it's all or nothing when you're talking about bangs. I finally got more cut and liked them better. They look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Natalie! Both the hair and the skirt... can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a big forehead too - I got it from my dad. I don't have patience for bangs (I seriously don't ever do my hair!) but you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete