Monday, July 19, 2010

Celebrate My Mom

Today would have been my mom's 53rd Birthday. Despite fighting a constant stream of nausea, this little nugget is definitely helping to heal the holes in my heart. I can actually feel my heart swelling at the thought of my mom and how excited she would be about this little freaky tad-pole looking thingy. I can hear her in the back of my head saying 'don't worry, just take it one day at a time'. Perhaps I feel even closer to her after spending yesterday laying on the basement floor and crawling around on all fours to get to the kitchen and bathroom. I can actually see my mom doing these same things when she was dealing with Butter and my pregnancies. It may sound really odd, but as sick as I feel, I am so happy. This is part of my rite of passage. This is just another test of devotion to this little person. And knowing my mom went through this for Butter and me, just makes me so grateful to her. Happy Birthday Momma!
Butter bun in the oven
Welcome to the World Butter
Hey, there's me.
Snuggles with Mom

3 comments:

  1. Your mom and I have the same birthday! It's a good day if I do say so myself. :) I'm glad to hear that you feel closer to her, and just know that she is so happy for you! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. :) Sorry to hear you're sick, but still so happy you're pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your mom lady... I can only imagine how proud she is of you!! I'm sure she would have had so much excitement over this little baby in your belly!

    ReplyDelete