Friday, April 2, 2010

Just need a running list.

I have come to the conclusion that I should keep a running list of "Things That Seemed Like A Good Idea". If you have read a few of my posts you might realize that these things dawn on me pretty often. I feel like keeping track of them will be a good reference for future endeavors. Obviously I don't actually think they are all bad ideas. Like the triathlon will turn out to be a good idea I am sure. Just like this newest one: acupuncture. I called yesterday to set up an appointment thinking I would have plenty of "mental prep" time before the actual event. Well of course they can fit me in today and silly pro-active me is like 'sure! sounds great!'. As soon as I hung up I was like 'wait a sec.....AAAHHHHHH!'. Okay it wasn't that drastic. I am by no means afraid of needles. But do you ever run across those things that don't seem like a big deal until you realize you're about to do it. Like skydiving or something. At first you're like 'OOOO that would be fun, I need to do that'. Then you have the constant feeling like you're going to pee your pants on the plane ride up and as the dude behind you is shoving you out of the plane. This is a hilarious example because I have never sky....dove (is that how you conjugate that?). Well I should say that I have never physically sky....dove....okay that just feels really wrong. I have been skydiving in my imagination....hey don't be judgy... and that in itself makes me feel like I am going to pee my pants. Hey why are you laughing? Yes, okay, I admit that it is ridiculous to be afraid while you are imagining something and not actually doing it, but I have an amazingly vivid imagination. That's why I never actually have to skydive. Because technically I have already been.....or at least that is my excuse.
Wow! How do I get off on these tangents? Seriously it gets ridiculous sometimes. So my point was....although it is lost....that I didn't have any issue with the idea of acupuncture until I realized I was about to go do it. As I said, I am cool with needles....well it isn't like I invite people over for a needle-fest, but you get what I mean. Blood draws, no problem, I can even watch the whole thing and comiserate with the nurse while she digs around in my arm to find my uncooperative veins. And honestly I am not that scared of this whole acupuncture thing. I know that I won't really feel the needles going in and everyone has told me you just feel a little pinch when the pull them out. But there are still these images of Hellraiser flashing through my head. I'll be okay, I will just have to close my eyes the first time until I find out for myself that it really is no big deal.

1 comment:

  1. I've had two acupuncture treatments this cycle (first time ever) and it's a little bizarre, but relaxing all at the same time. I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete